The workshop will be held at EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Oral sessions will take place in the ELA1 room
- Poster sessions will be held in the hall next to ELA1.
- Thursday and Friday lunches will take place in the BC cafeteria – Interactive map.
- Social event will take place in the restaurant “Le Débarcadère”. Buses can bring you close to the restaurant:
- The hotels will give you a transportation card valid during the whole workshop, allowing you to use any public transport (bus, train) in Lausanne and its surroundings.
How to get there
Check the access information to reach EPFL campus.
EPFL’s campus is located approximately 5km from the center of Lausanne in a city called Ecublens.
The Geneva international airport is about 60km from the campus. From there you can reach Lausanne, then EPFL campus via public transportation in about 1h15, and will cost you about 35CHF. Taxis and shuttle service are also available at Geneva airport, the cost is however likely to be more than 100 CHF.
Zürich international airport is located further away from the campus, requiring about 3h time (2 train connections to Lausanne per hour), and will cost approxiamtely 80 CHF. The train station “Zürich flughafen” is located inside the airport.
You can check the public transportation timetables online on the SBB website.
Where to stay
Hotel rooms have been reserved jointly for GSP18 and the IEEE Data Science Workshop that takes place just before GSP18.
You may contact the hotels listed in the linked PDF file directly by email to book your room for the workshop and specify “IEEE Data Science Workshop 2018” as reduction code except for the Mövenpick hotel where the reduction code is “EPFL2018” and reservation must be carried out through the link http://www.movenpick.com/en/europe/switzerland/lausanne/hotel-lausanne/overview/